Demystifying the “Capsule Wardrobe”
When diving into the world of minimalism there is always one topic that has me running for the hills: the capsule wardrobe. If you have ever done online research into this topic, you’ll know the overwhelming content that outlines specific rules and timelines. Most basically a capsule wardrobe is just like it sounds, a streamlined closet that caters to your needs in a very simplified way. I thought it would be fun to uncover some of the hidden gems of advice within the “capsule wardrobe” craze.
First let’s start with the basic rules.
1. Your capsule should have 25-50 items in it per season. (including accessories, shoes, jackets etc.)
2. You should change your capsule about every three months for the season.
3. Start your wardrobe with neutrals and save a few key pieces for a pop of color.
4. Separate your clothes into categories and then into seasons.
5. Ask yourself when putting together your capsule if each piece can go with 3 other items in your wardrobe.